Saturday 2 June 2012

League of Legends turret

Hi! I hope you've got a great week!

My new creation is finished. It's a turret from the game League of Legends. do any of you know it? It is a game where you can choose a champion, every single one with unique abilities. There are 98 of them! then you spawn on a map. The most common one has three lanes going from left-under to right-above the map (or the other way around), with jungle in between. Your job is then to fight your way past other champions, minions, and turrets, to the enemy base, and destroy it.
I don't actually play this game (I am far too busy with Skyrim :P) but three
of my friends do.
My friend Romme has also recently started a blog, a league of Legens statagy blog, and I built this tower on his request, to celebrate the creations of his blog.

So here it comes:

So this is a LOL turret. it is like a stone statue, studded with blue or red gems, that is holding up a thorch mage of gems. If any enemy comes too close, be it champion or minion, this turret will attack it by shooting some kind of magical bolts form its torch. The turret CAN be destroyed however... but that will need some time.

Here are some close-ups of various parts of the turret:

The hand:
 The shield:
 It is a buckler in-game... but I like it better as a square shield, it fits in better with the heavy armor.

And last, the helmet:
I think the helmet actually makes the turret look a bit like a phantom form the The Legends Of Zelda series. Ith has the same heavy profile, and little horn things on its head.

So, if anyone feels at a loss how to use a certain champion, or if I inspired anyone to go and play this game and would like to know how to play some guys, here's the link to Rommes stratagy blog:

http://summoneroftheleagueram9bo.blogspot.nl/

Go and check it out now!

1 comment: